Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Home for Ezai

Psalm 68:6
"God sets the lonely in families..."


Ezai has the best smile. I know that I've mentioned him before in my blog, but with every visit to the Poor House, I eagerly anticipate his huge grin, giant hug, and sweet enthusiasm. He always leaves me a little something to remember him by-- usually a smudge of his breakfast on my shirt or some dirt on my cheek-- but those serve as tangible reminders of his friendship and hugs. He is 14, orphaned, and while he cannot use his left hand, flex his left foot, or tell you anything about himself, he can sing songs clearly word for word. 


The last time that I flew back to America, I sat next to a lady who was returning from a short-term missions trip to the northern part of Haiti. She had been working at a mission station that has several ministries, including an orphanage and a group home for kids with cerebral palsy.  Kids just like Ezai!!!!! As I shared with her about some of things I've been involved with here, she got really excited about Ezai's story. She urged me to contact the orphanage and see if there might be a place for him there. 


Ezai has been living at the Poor House, a place for the destitute in town. The majority of the residents are elderly, and it's a fairly depressing place to be. How wonderful it would be for Ezai to have brothers and sisters and clean sheets and healthy food and good medical care!! All of those things are available at this orphanage for kids with CP.


Eagerly, I contacted the orphanage, and after several emails, I just received word today that it looks like they have a place for him!!!! Yay!!!! Praise the Lord!!!! I am overcome with joy. How precious for this sweet little one to be so well taken care of! We are hoping to get him settled in up at his new home in early October. Please keep him in your prayers as preparations are made. How incredible! Ezai is on the right:

No comments:

Post a Comment